The Helix keyboard is a split ortholinear design that features a 5x6 grid with two additional thumb keys on the bottom two rows. The PCBs feature per key RGB lighting as well as footprints for optional OLED screens. By default, the screens display the current layer and information about recently pressed keys. The PCBs allow for hotswapping of keyboard switches via Kailh MX Hotswap Sockets. These sockets are compatible with Cherry MX style switches.
The Helix keyboard was originally designed by pluis9 with artwork by void_keys and was remixed by mcmadhatter in order to add hotswap functionality. Additional information about the Helix keyboard along with the source files from the designer can be found on the Helix Hotswap Github repository. QMK key mappings and firmware can be found here.
Switches must be soldered in to place. Compatible with Cherry MX and Kailh Low Profile Choc switches. Supports 4 or 5 row layouts. PCBs can be purchased here.
PCBs utilize Kailh MX Hotswap Sockets that can only be used with Cherry MX compatible switches. 5 row layout is supported.
This particular Helix PCB variant includes footprints for Kailh MX Hotswap Sockets and must be used with Cherry MX compatible switches.
Kit - Kits must be assembled in order to be used. The following components are included with each kit.
Through Hole Diodes (SMD available upon request)
Kailh MX Hotswap Sockets
The following components are optional.
|50/64||RGB LED (Included with Assembled PCBs)||Link|
The following components are required in order to have a completed keyboard.
|2||Pro Micro or equivalent|
|1||Helix Keyboard Case|
PCB Assembly Services
- All components included in the PCB Kit will come assembled on the PCBs
- PCBs will ship with sockets installed for MCUs and OLED Screens
- Screens and MCUs must be socketed for installation.
- If purchased at the same time, MCUs and OLED screens will also be socketed and installed onto the PCBs.
- Assembly with RGB LEDs includes the cost of LEDs. Purchasing additional LEDs is not required.
- Lead time on custom assembly is 2-3 weeks.