The nice!nano is a wireless, BLE enabled replacement for the Pro Micro powered by the nRF52840 SoC.
Includes square post headers to install the device, but it is recommended to socket the controllers.
Requires a 3.7v lithium rechargeable battery. The 301230 lithium battery is a good fit.
Changes for v2
- Reduced quiescent (system idle) power by ~70%
- Increased through hole pad sizes to make soldering easier
- Reduced battery pin size to avoid incorrect installation
- Charge boost added to optionally increase charge rate from ~100mA to ~500mA
- Miscellaneous changes to reduce GPIO failures, improve thermals, and reduce component failures
- Mid mount USB-C port making the board a 3.2mm total thickness (thinner than a Pro Micro)
- nRF52840 chip on board with 1MB of Flash and 256KB of RAM
- Adafruit Bootloader loaded offering DFU flashing as well as flashing via UF2 storage (similar to dragging a file to a flash drive!)
- Programmable indicator (blue) LED as well as a charging indicator (orange) LED
- Battery voltage reader to report battery percentage to main device
- External power can be cut off using an on board MOSFET saving power from LEDs (each can draw 1mA when off!)
- 5 extra GPIO pins (3 thru holes and 2 pads on the back) offering a total of 23 GPIO pins
- 3.3V out of the VCC pin to power external features
- 32.768 kHz oscillator on board for real-time clock capabilities
- Clean design with matte black solder mask, immersion gold plating, and Tg 170 FR4 for durability