Each keycap set comes with the following keycaps:
- 64 x 1U
- 2 X 1U Homing
- 2 x 1.5U
- 2 x 2U
MBK profile has been designed for Kailh low-profile Choc switches, with the following goals in mind :
- a scooped top, with a smooth curve made to hug your fingertips
- high corners, to easily find your way to the right key
- flat, low-profile (why use low-profile switches with high profile keycaps?)
- meet Kailh requirements, for compatibility with existing keyboards such as the Planck Light
There are not many alternatives available on the market right now for Choc switches, and none of them meet the quality standards we would like to see. So this group buy is an opportunity to make them available to the community.
This keycap profile has been made in California USA by u/mburger89. After 3D-printing them, and several iterations on the different sizes (angles, homing bump, etc.), he now feels confident enough to have them produced.
The homing keycap is innovative in the sense that it is neither the usual bump, or bar or scoop. As you can see on the image below, the front side is horizontal (ie. no scoop) with a tactile ridge that your fingertips will recognize instantly.
Please note that due to the manufacturing process, the "homing edge" will probably be less “sharp” than shown in the render as it is impossible to machine such edges.
- Material: PBT
- Color options: White / Black
- Dimensions: 17.5x16.5mm (1u/homing); 26.5x16.5mm (1.5u); 35.5x16.5mm
- Stabilizer support: as per Kailh’s specifications (2u only)
Planck Light MBK render