The Corne Keyboard is a split ergonomic design that features a 3x6 column staggered layout with a three key thumb cluster. The Corne layout has many distinguishing features that set it apart from other ergonomic keyboards. The small layout keeps all keys within one unit of the home row. The keyboard also includes footprints for RGB lighting under each switch as well as 6 downward facing LEDs for underglow lighting. The PCBs also include footprints for OLED screens. By default, the screens display the current layer and information about recently pressed keys.
The Corne keyboard was designed by world renowned keyboard designer Foostan. Additional information about the CRKBD keyboard along with the source files from the designer can be found on the Corne Github Repository. QMK key mappings and firmware can be found here.
|Switches must be soldered in to place. Compatible with Cherry MX and Kailh Low Profile Choc switches.|
|PCBs utilize Kailh MX Hotswap Sockets that can only be used with Cherry MX compatible switches. PCBs can be purchased here.|
|PCBs utilize Kailh Choc Hotswap Sockets that can only be used with Kailh Low Profile Choc switches. PCBs can be purchased here.|
This particular Corne PCB variant does not include footprints that are compatible with Kailh Hotswap Sockets. Switches must be soldered into place in order to function.
Kits must be assembled in order to be used. The following components are included with each kit.
|42||Through Hole Diodes (SMD available upon request)|
The following components are required in order to have a completed keyboard.
|2||Pro Micro or equivalent|
|1||Corne Keyboard Case|
|42||Cherry MX or Kailh Choc switches|
The following components are optional.
|54||RGB LED (Included with Assembled PCBs)||Link|
PCB Assembly Services
- All components included in the PCB Kit will come assembled on the PCBs
- PCBs will ship with sockets installed for MCUs and OLED Screens
- Screens and MCUs must be socketed for installation.
- If purchased at the same time, MCUs and OLED screens will also be socketed and installed onto the PCBs.
- Assembly with RGB LEDs includes the cost of LEDs. Purchasing additional LEDs is not required.
- Switch soldering service is an additional charge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Lead time on custom assembly is 2-3 weeks.