Group Buy Updates:
- Feb 15 - Mar 15: Group buy orders were taken. These orders will be fulfilled in roughly three months after the keycaps are produced and shipped to our top of the line storage facility.
- Mar 16: Group buy orders have been submitted to the manufacturer.
- Apr 7: Yes, there are going to be extras added to the site when the group buy ships.
- Jun 10: Color samples are still being exchanged between the manufacturer and designer. The group buy is behind schedule, but the focus at the moment is to make sure we are satisfied with the quality and consistency of the samples being exchanged.
- Sep 1: There has been continuing manufacturing issues. The new ship date is potentially in December. Please refer to the following link for future updates: https://blog.fkcaps.com/
- Feb 1: Updates are no longer being posted on the fkcaps blog, but can be found on the Low Profile Keyboards Discord. Production is in progress and about 50% of the way through, but it has been hampered with many issues. Apologies for the long delays. As always, cancellation requests can still be made and MBK Glow keycaps are in stock and ready to ship.
Items purchased in the same order with the Group Buy keycaps will ship once everything in the order is in stock. To prevent delays with your keycap order, it is recommended to separate non group buy items into another order.
The MBK Legend keycaps are the long awaited follow up to the successful blank MBK keycaps from last year. The MBK profile has been designed for Kailh low-profile Choc switches, with the following goals in mind :
- a scooped top, with a smooth curve made to hug your fingertips
- high corners, to easily find your way to the right key
- flat, low-profile (why use low-profile switches with high profile keycaps?)
- meet Kailh requirements, for compatibility with existing keyboards such as the Planck Light
There are not many alternatives available on the market right now for Choc switches, and none of them meet the quality standards we would like to see. So this group buy is an opportunity to make them available to the community.
This keycap profile has been made in California USA by u/mburger89. After 3D-printing them, and several iterations on the different sizes (angles, homing bump, etc.), he now feels confident enough to have them produced.
The homing keycap is innovative in the sense that it is neither the usual bump, or bar or scoop. As you can see on the image below, the front side is horizontal (ie. no scoop) with a tactile ridge that your fingertips will recognize instantly.
- Material: PBT
- Dimensions: 17.5x16.5mm (1u/homing); 26.5x16.5mm (1.5u); 35.5x16.5mm
- Stabilizer support: as per Kailh’s specifications (2u only)